||Who's that Pokémon?
||Pokémon I Choose You!
- Ash leaves home to become a Pokémon master.
- He gets a Pikachu.
- He meets Misty.
- Ash borrows and destroys Misty's bicycle.
- Misty starts following Ash.
- Ash gets Pikachu to the Pokémon Center in Viridian City.
- Ash meets Team Rocket for the first time.
- They enter Viridian City.
- Ash throws a Pokéball at a Caterpie.
||Ash Catches A Pokémon
- Ash catches a Caterpie.
- He also catches a Pidgeotto.
- Ash's Caterpie evolves into a Metapod.
||Challenge of the Samurai
- Ash's Metapod evolves into a Butterfree.
- A Samurai challenges Ash.
||Showdown in Pewter City
- Ash and Misty enter Pewter City.
- Ash challenges Brock.
- He earns a Boulderbadge.
- Brock decides to join Ash on his journey.
||Clefairy and the Moon Stone
- The gang prevent Team Rocket from stealing the Moon Stone.
- Brock catches a Zubat.
- The gang meet Seymour the Scientist.
- They learn about the Moon Stone, Clefairy, and Clefable.
- They enter Cerulean City.
||The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
- Ash prevents Team Rocket from stealing Pokémon.
- Ash earns a Cascade Badge.
||The Path to the Pokémon League
- The gang meet A.J.
- Ash challenges A.J. and loses.
- A.J. wins his 100th victory with 0 losses.
- A.J. starts competing for badges.
- Team Rocket tried to steal Pikachu.
||The School of Hard Knocks
- The gang learn about the Pokémon Tech.
- Misty defeats Joe in a Pokémon battle.
- Jazel defeats Misty in a Pokémon battle.
- Ash defeats Jazel.
- Joe decides to start over the way Ash started.
||Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
- The gang learn about Melanie.
- Ash and Bulbasaur prevent Team Rocket from stealing the Pokémon Melanie takes care of.
- Ash gets a Bulbasaur.
||Charmander the Stray Pokémon
- The gang rescue Charmander by taking it to the Pokémon Center.
- Charmander rescues Pikachu from Team Rocket.
- Ash catches a Charmander.
||Here Comes the Squirtle Squad
- Bombs dropped by Team Rocket set a forest fire.
- The Squirtle Squad put it out.
- Ash and Squirtle rescue Pikachu from Team Rocket.
- Ash catches a Squirtle.
||Mystery at the Lighthouse
- Ash catches a Krabby.
- The gang visit Bill.
- They learn more about Pokémon.
||Electric Shock Showdown
- The gang enter Vermillion City.
- Ash defeats Lt. Surge and earns a Thunderbadge.
||Battle Aboard the St. Anne
- The gang board the St. Anne.
- Ash challenges a gentleman and wins.
- He trades his Butterfree for gentleman's Raticate.
- Pokémon trainers aboard the St. Anne prevetn Team Rocket from stealing Pokémon.
- Ash trades Raticate back for Butterfree.
- The St. Anne sinks with the gang and Team Rocket still in it.
- The gang and Team Rocket make it out of the ship and onto a board drifting on the sea.
- James' Magikarp evolves into a Gyarados.
||Island of the Giant Pokémon
- The gang and Team Rocket meet up on a stranded island without their Pokémon.
- They look for their Pokémon, who are also looking for them.
- They encounter giant Pokémon, who try to attack them.
- They all meet up and destroy the Pokémon, who are mechanical.
||Tentacool & Tentacruel
- The gang learn about the Tentacool and Tentacruel.
- The Tentacool and Tentacruel stop the building of Nastina's Paradise.
- The gang stop the Tentacool and Tentacruel from destroying Porta Vista.
- Misty catches a Horsea.
||The Ghost of Maiden’s Peak
- The gang learn about the ghost of Maiden’s Peak.
- The ghost makes Brock and James fall in love with it.
- The gang stop the ghost, which is really a Gastly.
- They celebrate the holiday of the maiden while the real maiden's spirit talks to Gastly.
||Bye Bye Butterfree
- Ash releases Butterfree a group of Butterfree.
- Team Rocket tries to steal all the Butterfree, but are stopped by Ash's Butterfree.
- Ash says his final farewell to Butterfree.
||Abra and the Psychic Showdown
- The gang enters Saffron City.
- Ash challenges Sabrina and loses.
- The gang enter Sabrina's doll house.
- Sabrina's father brings them back outside.
- The gang head for Lavender Town to catch a ghost Pokémon.
||The Tower of Terror
- The gang enter Lavander Town.
- They go to the Pokémon Tower.
- Haunter decides to join Ash.
- The gang head back to Saffron City.
||Haunter versus Kadabra
- Ash challenges Sabrina but Haunter disappears.
- After Ash finds Haunter, he challenges Sabrina again.
- This time he wins.
||Primeape Goes Bananas
- Ash battles a Mankey, which attacks in a rage.
- Mankey evolves into Primeape and Ash catches it.
- The gang enter Celadon City.
- Ash challenges Erika.
- Team Rocket start fire.
- Ash rescues Erika's Gloom.
- Erika awards Ash a Rainbow Badge.
- Children have been reported missing and Pokémon have been reported sick.
- They discover that a Hypno's sleep waves coming from a tower are causing this.
- These sleep waves makes Misty think that she's a Seel.
- Misty leads them to the missing children, who also think their Pokémon.
- They use a Drowzee's sleep waves as an antidote to return everyone to normal.
- Misty is given a Psyduck from a Nurse Joy because Drowzee's sleep waves didn't help him.
||Pokémon Fashion Flash
||The Punchy Pokémon
||Sparks Fly for Magnemite
||Dig those Diglett
- Team Rocket's Pokémon evolve.
- The gang learn about the Diglett.
||The Ninja Poké-Showdown
- Ash earns a Soulbadge.
||The Flame Pokémon-athon
- Ash rides Ponyta for Laura Laramie in the Pokémon Challenge and wins.
- Ponyta evolves into Rapidash.
||The Kangaskhan Kid
- The gang and Tommy prevent Team Rocket from stealing the Kangaskhan in the reserve.
- Tommy's parents decide to join him to protect the Kangaskhan.
||The Bridge Bike Gang
- The gang deliver medicine for a sick Pokémon.
||Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
- The gang prevent Team Rocket from stealing Dupleka's Ditto.
- Dupleka reopens the "Imitate House".
- The gang prevent Team Rocket from stealing all the Pikachu.
- The gang learn more about Pikachu.
||The Battling Eevee Brothers
- The gang, Mikey, and his brothers prevent Team Rocket from stealing all the stones and Pokémon.
- The gang teach Mikey and his brothers that you can win without forcing your Pokémon to evolve.
- Mikey decides not to evolve Eevee.
||Wake Up, Snorlax!
- The gang learn about the Pokéflute.
- They get the person with the Pokéflute to wake up Snorlax so the town can have water for their food.
||Showdown at Dark City
- The gang solve Dark City's problem by ending the streetfights of the Yaz Gym and Kaz Gym.
||The March of the Exeggutor Squad
- Melvin's Exeggcute evolves into an Exeggutor.
- Melvin and Ash's Charmander save the Exeggutor.
- Ash's Charmander evolves into a Charmeleon.
||The Problem with Paras
- Kasandra's Paras evolves into a Parasect with the help of Team Rocket and Ash.
- Kasandra uses Parasect's mushroom to create a new kind of potion.
||The Song of Jigglypuff
- The gang learn about Jigglypuff.
||Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon
||A Chansey Operation
||So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd
||Who Gets to Keep Togepi?
||Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden
||The Case of the K-9 Caper
- The gang visit a Pokémon police academy.
- The gang prevent Team Rocket from stealing Pikachu.
||The Ultimate Test
- The gang learn about the Pokémon League Admission.
- Ash and Team Rocket sign up.
- They get the lowest scores on the written exam.
- Ash decides to keep following his way to get to become a Pokémon Master.
||The Breeding Center Secret
- The gang learn about the breeding center.
- They get Team Rocket sent to jail.
- Todd goes up the mountain to take pictures of wild Pokémon.
- The gang head toward Cinnabar Island.